The Law Office of Andrea Y. Lee dedicates its entire practice to the area of Real Estate Law. Located in Nassau County, the firm services clients in Long Island, the five boroughs of New York City, and parts of Westchester County. The firm represents both buyers and sellers in transactions of residential and commercial properties, including but not limited to condominiums, coops, and single- and multi-family residences.
The firm takes a hands-on, unique approach explaining every aspect of the transaction. Ms. Lee's objective is to make sure clients fully understand and are happy with their purchase or sale.
Representation of Buyers includes:
- Reviewing, explaining, and negotiating the terms of the contract of sale
- Checking for anything registered against the property that may impede a buyer's use of it, such as covenants, easements, liens, etc.
- Preparing and registering all the necessary legal documents
- Reviewing and explaining the terms of the mortgage
- Reviewing with scrutiny all adjustments, including taxes owed and utilities costs paid, prior to closing
- Attending the closing and reviewing all the documents to be signed by the buyers
- Arranging title insurance protection to protect against potential losses due to title defects
- Ensuring buyers receive valid ownership subject only to liabilities accepted under the contract
Representation of Sellers includes:
- Preparing and negotiating the terms of the contract of sale
- Preparing the deed and power of attorney, if necessary
- Dealing with any issues that may arise during the course of the transaction
- Attending the closing and reviewing all documents to be signed by sellers
- Arranging for the transfer of security deposits
- Arranging for insurance certificates when necessary
Transactional attorney focusing on residential and commercial real estate transactions and business law.